Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

Possible New Group - Thich Nhat Hanh

25th March 2022

"For a number of years, I have practiced mindfulness meditation in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. Now living in Caithness, I wondered if anyone else is doing the same, and if might be possible to start a group (or Sangha)? Please get in touch and we can look at getting something started."

Jim McCourt
07769 278502
email - jtmelgin@googlemail.com

As regards the group, it would just be for like-minded people to get together, meditate, and look at some of the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh. I have no particular qualifications - other than having facilitated group sessions previously.

The group would be aimed at adults, the only charge being to cover any rental costs. As regards a venue, this might depend on the locations of anyone who wants to take part. Some groups (or Sanghas) meet in people's houses.

Thich Nhat Hanh, as you may well know, was a Vietnamese Buddhist Zen Master who recently passed away. He is credited with bringing mindfulness to the West, and has written innumerable books. He and his followers also feature on a huge number of YouTube videos.

See more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/thich_nhat_hanh